Who proposed the toast?
• The host proposes a toast always. For example at a wedding, is the father of the bride to do, whereas if it is a business lunch, you should propose the toast to the director.
• If You are the one who will propose the toast, first of all you will need to claim the attention of all the guests. I could do it, tapping his glass with a spoon, asking the maître to ask people to be quiet or standing up and asking so nice that everyone shut up: say it as many times as necessary.
• Follow the rule of the "pe" and the three "S's" when making a toast stand up, be honest, be brief and sit down again.
• Unless otherwise instructed, stand when someone proposes a toast.
• The fact to smash the glasses stems from the ancient belief that this gesture had the power to drive away evil spirits, and today remains a popular custom. Some people prefer however, raise your glass in honor of the person for whom it provides. One way is as acceptable as the other, but wait to see what others are doing before deciding.
• If you are unsure of whether or not the occasion requires special code of conduct, ask. Some agencies or organizations have specific customs or protocols.
Like holding a cup
• When you go to a tasting organized, hold the glass by the stem or the stem in order to appreciate its appearance and spin it into the cup. That way also avoid leaving finger marked in the glass.
• Most people hold the cup with the cup when drinking red wine or cognac. The gradual warming hand exerted on wine helps release aromas, if too cold. Otherwise you should not hold the cup.
• Hold the glass by the stem if you drink white wine or sparkling avoided because it is so warm it.
The art of entertaining people at home
Background music I don?
Music is to generate climate. Must accompany not invade. For dinner choose classical or soft music that everyone can listen without raising his voice.
When you can give up a little music or choose a special theme for the moment. After the dinner can put music to the desired volume.
How do I locate the guests?
The order must be respected by age and sex. The older people are the ones that deserve the highest hierarchy in the table. However we must not neglect to children. While the protocol indicates that it should sit with adults if less than 13 years, if you do not have a special table for children should intermix with adults.
Ideally, place location cards to avoid problems when sitting.
Hosts should occupy the end of the table, one at each end. To distribute the guests must take into account that the main place is to the right of the home owners. In no way is there to let men and women side by side, for which the rule applies alternating sexes.
How elements are arranged on the table?
Cups right, bread plate, left, and covered the sides of the plate (fork left, knife on the right with the edge inwards). If there is little space you can put the napkin on the plate.
Napkins? Fabric or paper?
Always fabric if it is a formal occasion. The quality of the objects has to do with the type of meeting that is held. If the meeting is informal and many guests, I suggest quality paper napkins.
How must be the table decoration at parties?
The decoration of the table should be subject and be ready for when guests arrive. The centerpieces or candles should not exceed 28 cm. high to not obstruct the visual communication between the guests.
How children can give?
- Strawberry pulp, orange juice and ginger ale shakes.
- Blend pineapple juice and pulp with a splash of cream.
- Orange juice, lemon juice and a splash of grenadine.
Where I keep the coats and purses of the guests?
It is important to think about it in advance to avoid having to make decisions with the guest in front. If you have a large wardrobe closet or can vacate a closet for the occasion, have chairs in your bedroom or rent racks removable.
How to serve fresh bread, nougat and dried fruit?
Sweet bread, caramelized and nougat in a table must be armed before or have all presented on trays to bring to the table directly.
Everything at the table should look attractive, so the candies and sweets should be out of its original packaging and the sweet bread, cut the first slice, because this way invites to eat. Should accompany this with coffee, mineral water and fresh fruit, such as cherries, strawberries or ice cream to soften cloying and calorie intake.
How do I place the glasses?
Place the cups in front and right of the knives, that is on your right. If you serve a single wine, enough with two glasses, one for wine and one for water.
If you serve a wine with each meal can arrange them as follows:
- In triangle: the cup which is further to the right is the one that should be used first. The remainder is used in reverse to clockwise.
- At squared: In this case the first wine will be served in the cup that is in the lower right. The second came in the next higher and from there it counter clockwise.
- Online (five drinks): The order to be followed will be the same wine service, and will be employed from outside to inside., As it does with silverware, from outside to inside. It was used first is that the rightmost and the latter should be the glass of water in the left end. You can put them diagonally or do not have much space in front of the plate align.
In what order serve wines?
Wines must keep up with the dishes they accompany. If you serve a wine for every dish, remove the bottle to change course or suggests that the finish together. Never remove a cup having wine without asking the guest if you can. If it is an informal meeting can leave the bottle on the table so that others can serve. If it is a formal meeting you should be aware that the cups are always half.
Who do you serve first?
Start at the old lady over and continue to serve on the guest that is on the left. Stand behind the person and serve him by his right side (never take to serve this front in the table). Help yourself last.
When retirement cups?
Use every time you finish a plate diners to remove the corresponding cup (if empty). At the end of the food alone must be the glass to accompany dessert, the champagne and water.
Coffee may serve in front of guests.